Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweet Potatoes! Where have you been all my life?

I just can't believe it. Almost 10 whole pounds later, my baby is becoming her own little person. And let me tell you, she is a silly one. Saturday, Eloise turned six whole months old and our lives couldn't be funner! She is a babbling, screeching, laughing, bundle of great joy. She is hard to keep bundled up and cuddled in your arms. She's all over the place when it comes to changing that diaper. She's sitting up all by herself and loves this new way to see her world. She loves spending time with all of her grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles. She loves playtime with her other baby friends. She still loves her nursing time with her mama (which has gotten interesting to say the least now that she has two teeth!). She's a morning person. Up by 7:00am in all smiles. She loves strolling outside with anyone who will take her. She loves splashing in the bath tub. She's loving her food, the latest adventure we've embarked on. Her mommy loves spending the morning and day with her and her daddy loves his time to play in the afternoons. She is one. loved. little. girl. We are a busy, messy, happy little family and we wouldn't change a thing!

A couple weeks ago, thanks to a surprise visit from Grandma, I got a ton of fresh foods steamed, pureed, and frozen ready to be introduced to Miss Eloise. I had a blast thanks to the awesomeness that is the Bebea BabyCook from Williams-Sonoma. We got this as a very generous gift, and I loved using it!

Beautiful fruits and veggies "before" photo.

I started simple by just freezing portions of natural applesauce.

So simple and an easy way to save some money.

The BabyCook easily steamed these frozen green beans and then are pureed right in the same container!
I tried to distract Eloise with lots of toys while I made her food. She wasn't buying it. She wanted a taste!

Delicious, fresh peaches!

The smell was amazing!
I was so proud of my nice and neatly cut avocados.

Smooth.

She really wanted a taste!
Beautiful peas!
Sweet potatoes, apples, green beans, mangoes, peas, pears, peaches, avocado, bananas, carrots. Fantastic!
Watching the Huskers at Great-grandma Margie's.

Go Big Red!
A happy Lil' Red.
Helping Grammy open her birthday present.

Playing with Gramps at the campground.

Petting, er uh, pulling Remi's fur.

A long story, but had to get a picture with Skelly.

I love my Grammy.
Well hello, cuteness!

Eloise has this new thing where she crinkles her nose when she laughs. It's super cute.

Monthly play-date with my buddy, Henry. (They've moved on to playing footsie with each other.)
Stealing Uncle Mitchell's heart.

Like a big teddy bear.

Slobbering on Grandma.

Grandma got Eloise her own purse. Watch out!
Eloise got to eat her first food in the same high chair I grew up in. Pretty sweet.
I love her round, chubby cheeks in this shot.
Utter cuteness.
Being silly with Grandma.
Pretty flower.
Grandma really likes to play.

Sitting up like a big girl!
Eloise loved meeting her Grammy and Gramps' new puppy, Gabby. Too much cuteness for one room.
Standing! Yikes!
I love the progression of these three pictures. She's so happy and loves her giraffe.


Hugs.
 Here's a video of Eloise eating her first foods, sweet potato and apples. It's kind of long and she actually does a really great job so it's not too funny or messy.  But I just know Eloise has some grandparents who will love to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment