Thursday, October 21, 2010

Coming out...

It's official. 
I'm an outie. 

Exciting stuff around here these days! We've got belly buttons popping out, baby moving around in there and Justin trying on a sling (I wish I had a picture to prove it!). Oh, and today is the official "half-way" mark. Whew! I really can't believe how fast this is all moving.

My grand to-do list is coming along nicely. We've registered for several baby prepping classes (it's starting to really hit us that we have so much to learn still). We attended "Baby Wearing 101" last week, where Justin tried on a Maya Sling. If any of you readers out there have any advice/recommendations, I welcome them. I'm pretty sure on a Moby Wrap, but the ring sling was great, too. (And Justin looked so great wearing that thing!) I'm so excited about "wearing my baby". So many wonderful benefits I've read and heard about I just can't wait to try it out and get to have my baby close by me for much of the day. "Diaper Up!" is up this weekend. I'm really excited (yes, folks, EXCITED) to try out cloth diapers. Don't even think about trying to talk me out of it either. I'm going to give it my best and have a really great feeling about it. (Margie - I found a great online deal earlier this week that was buy one get one free for some FuzziBunz cloth diapers, so I ordered a couple with your shower gift money. I have plenty leftover too, so I'll keep you posted on what else I find!)

We had a check up earlier this week. It was fun to have a Grandma there to hear her Grand-baby's heartbeat for the first time. Other Grandmas (and Grandpas), see video below. (Note: you might have to turn up the volume a little more.)


Watching and listening to this makes me so incredibly happy. Each time I am reminded of how absolutely awesome God has made this process of creation. It gets me so excited for when I get to hold that soul in my arms for the first time. Speaking of excitement, in two weeks we go in for our next ultrasound and hopefully get to find out whether we have a boy or girl bouncing around in there. So. Freakin. Excited!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely get a moby. I couldn't live without mine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Erica..this is so exciting! Hard to believe you are half way there! And the fact that you will be using cloth diapers is great. My daughter did that also and was really glad she did! I got an error when I tried to see your movie but will try again later!

    You are right God is good...and this little one will be such a blessing to all..

    ((hugs)) Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! We love our Moby. Though I have heard fabulous things about the BabyHawk. Also, my sister has a Baby K'tan and loves it. It's apparently the "moby for dummies." :) She went to milkworks & tried on a bunch and that is how she ended up with hers!!

    ReplyDelete