Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just call me the "Queen of the Deals"

Ok, ok. I've been a horrible blogger lately. I'm sorry. All my shows started last month and I somehow have accumulated one pretty much every weekday. House, Glee, Modern Family and Fringe. I recommend them all!  And I don't know if I've mentioned it yet, but we got this new glider/recliner chair and I'm in love with it! The minute I sit down, I'm not moving till it's time for bed, or when I have to go to the bathroom ; )

Anywho, so week 18 is coming to an end. I'm sorry, what? That's like almost half way! Yippee! As well as my second trimester has been treating me, I'm just so darn excited to meet the little one. Belly is continuing to expand and I couldn't be happier. My appointment a couple weeks back went well. Baby's heartbeat was 153. I'm now anxiously waiting for the next milestone...feeling the baby move. I don't know what to expect at all but they tell me I'll know when it starts. Also, about a month from now we'll have our ultrasound to see what flavor we are having. Definitely excited for that!

So, the past few weeks I've also been busy finding some sweeeeet deals! Neat Repeatz is this awesome consignment sale I heard about from a friend at church. Basically, a couple times a year, they set up this store of used baby and children's stuff to buy. It was amazing! I bought some maternity cloths for myself for pennies on the dollar of what I would have had to spend brand new. I was most excited about finding the bedding for the nursery! I came across a great pattern with colors that will work for a girl or a boy and it will match perfectly with the color the nursery is already painted! AND it was still in the packaging, AND guess how great of a deal I got on it??  Well, I found the exact bedding still available to purchase online and it was $200 plus the set I found at Neat Repeatz came with the matching mobile which sells for $40. I got both for $80.00!!!  Seriously, I have a gift people. Check out what it looks like here! I put together this gigantic "to do" list that I'd like to have done b.b.a. (before baby arrives!) Carpet cleaning is one of those and I get to check it off tomorrow! Then we'll be ready to start putting the nursery together! So excited! 

Wait, there's more. Quite possibly THE BEST deal I'll come across in my preparing for baby journey! Circle ME is another great little baby boutique that I came across. They offer FREE educational classes, a couple I attended were "Cloth Diapering 101" and "Baby Wearing 101". They too had a consignment sale last weekend that Justin and I took advantage of. We picked up, get this, a bulk package, 288 to be exact, of nursing pads for, wait for it....$5.00!  Can you believe it! I had to see for myself what and incredible deal this was so when we were at Target, we stopped by the baby section and saw you could by a box of 36 for over $5. Sweet deal...confirmed. Justin was such a trooper. I made him carry the box around for me while I continued to shop.

So that's what we've been up to! I want to send a shout out to all the wonderful friends and family who read this blog. It's so encouraging to hear your comments and your own stories. Many of you have been in our prayers. God continues to reveal to me how He's been working in our lives. We love you!

4 comments:

  1. You are am amazing deal finder Erica! I loooove the bedding. And you will seriously love that recliner even more in a few months. Really glad to hear everything is going well - isn't the second trimester the best?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica..What a great shopper you are. I love the bedding..it is so oool and who wouldn't love that price..ha

    I know what you mean about hitting the comfy chair and watching TV..our favorite thing to do! We have Tivo and since there are so many good shows this fall we tape several of them and watch them later!!

    Glad all is going well for you!!

    Blessings.........
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved seeing you in your maternity on Sunday - too cute! I remember wondering what the baby movement felt like. I wanted to feel Ethan SO badly that I lay down face first on my bed to squish things so tight that I could feel him. You will soon, and then in 18 weeks you'll be begging that baby to KEEP STILL so you can sleep or go a little while without having to go potty. SO excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great deals Erica, I was feeling getting a secondhand sale high from this blog. Not knowing much about babies, I had to google nursing pads, it became quite clear to me after a few images... and just imagining Justin carrying those around the store made me giggle. Hope you are well, I'm praying for you.

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete