Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Mom

Today is my mother's 60th birthday. She is the absolute best mom in the whole world. No really. She is. My mom is my best friend. As early as I can remember, I always loved spending time with my mom. She loves to play games, go shopping, cook, sit down for a great meal, watch movies or just sit and talk. Having been "out of the house" for several years now, so much of who I am and what I do is a reflection, sometimes mirror image, of how much I am like her.

This past weekend my sister and I pulled off a surprise birthday party for her. I say "pulled off" because it wasn't easy and there were a couple close calls. With my sister and brother-in-law living in Atlanta, Georgia, my mom isn't able to spend nearly enough time with her first grandchild, London. That birthday gift was an easy pick: fly Jessica and London home to tell her happy birthday in person. Check out her reaction here!

Beautiful. It's just beautiful and breathtaking what a grandchild can do to a grandma's heart. It brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Next up was to distract Mom by taking her to get a pedicure. Not too hard to do. While the girls were out, a few family and friends set up the scene that Mom is usually taking care of...the food! The guests arrived and huddled in the garage so when we pulled in and hit the garage door opener...SURPRISE!! So much family and so many friends came to celebrate such a special lady. It was so much fun.

I'm so thankful and blessed to have the mom that I do. I would not even be close to the woman I am today without her love and influence. I can only hope and pray that I can be the kind of mother she is one day. I know when that day comes, I'll have one more thing to be thankful for...that she is the best grandma any child could have. I love you, Mom. Happy, Happy birthday. May our lives be blessed with many more to celebrate with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment