Monday, December 16, 2013

Advent 2013 - Dec. 1-16

Justin and I came up with an advent calendar this year for the first time and I hope it continues as a tradition each December. We came up with a different "advent activity" for each day in December and Eloise picks a new one each day along with a piece of the nativity scene. She seems to have enjoyed many of the activities we've done but as she gets a little older I think she will enjoy the anticipation and preparation for Jesus' birth even more.

Our first activity of the month was to decorate the Christmas tree. That same evening I was starting to wrap gifts and Justin was getting ready to put Eloise to bed. Though it may have been another one of her stall tactics, she said, "Mama, I want to stay and make Christmas with you." It was pretty adorable. Another day's activity was to hang mistletoe. And again this evening as I was saying goodnight, she said, "We better go under the mistletoe!" I think she's starting to catch on. The baby Jesus is the final figure to our calendar who of course comes on the 25th. She asks for him every day so she's patiently waiting to be able to get him out on Christmas day. What fun this season has been this year as I start to see it again through the eyes of a child.


Decorating her part of the tree.

Setting up the nativity.

Making a Countdown to Christmas chain.


Santa shakes!

Making snowflakes and drinking hot cocoa. 

Early Christmas.






Decorating cookies with friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment