Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh my...

August has been a crazy month. Justin and I both turned a year older this month, Eloise was dedicated at church, she had her check-up with the pediatrician, I had foot surgery, Justin accepted a new job, I got a new Kindle. I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but needless to say, I attribute all this to the fact that I haven't blogged for over three weeks. (Thanks for getting me in gear Rebecca!)

Well, it's a quite Friday night (finally). Justin had a poker fundraiser to attend, so Eloise and I played and did housework all afternoon. I'm pooped, but found this a perfect time to get some blogging done.

So back to this busy month we've had...

Eloise had a play date with Henry, who as you can see is already making the moves on her! Henry's mommy and I had a great time catching up, admiring our beautiful babies. It's fun to be experiencing "mommyhood" with Lacy at the same time. We've been friends since before preschool and are excited to have little ones the same age growing up in the same city!

I swear, we did not put them up to this. Too cute though!

Our Eloise was dedicated at New Covenant. We introduced her to our church family and Pastor Tim prayed for her.

Eloise loves reading and looking at the pictures in her "Jesus Storybook Bible" she received as a gift.
Eloise with Great-Gran and PaPa. This is the first in a string of photos of wonderful Grandparents Eloise is so blessed to have in her life.

Grandpa Al.

Great-grandma Margie.
Grammy and Gramps.

Grandma and Papa.

Mommy and Daddy. (Note: I have learned not to take family pictures right before nap time. As you can see, Eloise was not too excited to be passed around and have bright lights flashed in her eyes.)
Reading her bookmark with Grandma.
You can really see how big she is getting when she is in her car seat.
Eloise turned 5 months old! Stats include a weight of 15 pounds 10 ounces and length of 25 inches.
She's pretty excited and proud to be such a big girl. Almost sitting up on her own!
My pretty baby.
Eloise LOVES to stroll. She is a lover of being outdoors. Grammy and Gramps, you'll have to make room in the camper for her one day!
Ruffle butt.

I got this adorable little kimono robe for Eloise to snuggle up after bath time. It is so super soft and so super cute.
Don't you just want to pick her up and snuggle her!?

Cozy, happy baby.
Love.

Cheeks.

Helping Mommy with the laundry.

So yeah, August, you've flown by, but my, oh my what fun we've been having! And so much more to come. Baby food making begins next weekend as well as the start of the Husker football season. Daddy is taking a trip to San Fransisco for a few days to train for his new job, so Mommy and Eloise are going to have a lot of quality time together. I'll hold on as tight as I can to these moments. I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment