Friday, March 25, 2011

Husband Turned Daddy...

For my wonderful husband...

What a week we've had huh? Seems like so long ago I was complaining so much about her being late and now here we are a week in to this parenting thing. 

I need you to know how much I appreciate and love you. You were an amazing husband throughout my pregnancy and have transitioned into parenthood with me amazingly as well. I truly do not know what I would do without you. 

Thank you for being my strength and support during labor. You were a great coach. (Sorry if I bruised your hand from squeezing it so hard.) Again, I could not have done it without you. I will forever treasure the moment they handed Eloise to me and sharing that experience with you. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. 

You already are such a great daddy and I look forward to all the fun and excitement that lay ahead. It will not be easy, but just knowing that we are doing it together brings me relief and comfort. 

I love that you take great pride in your swaddling expertise. Eloise loves being snug as a bug. I love that you have supported my thoughts on cloth diapers and that you have become a pro at changing them. (Even if she fills one as soon as you've changed it.) I love that you take care of things around the house now that it seems I'm forever summoned to the rocking chair to feed our growing daughter. You have no idea how much stress for me is avoided because of that. 

You are a wonderful husband and an amazing father. I'm so blessed to share my life with you and now to be blessed to share this wonderful, incredible, beautiful daughter we call Eloise. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment